Hi, my name is Mark Kimener I’m a law enforcement officer and competitive strongman/power-lifter/highlander. I mainly compete in strongman shows here nationally as well as internationally. I’ve been competing in strongman shows for about 6 years now. I have won many amateur strongman shows and have placed in the top 5 in several professional strongman shows.
As a competitive athlete, competition and sports have been a part of my life since I was a toddler. I have played various different sports such as: football, basketball, baseball, lacrosse, and wrestling. I was a three sport athlete in high school (football, wrestling, and lacrosse) having received state and metropolitan honors in each sport. I was recruited by Division 1 colleges for each sport, but I chose to continue my passion, and played football at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. I finished up at UMass playing linebacker having received all conference and region honors, as well as holding top 10 records all time in several categories. I then played two years of professional football as a fullback/linebacker with the Manchester Wolves of the Arena Football League and broke several franchise records while playing.
It wasn’t until college when I truly found a greater appreciation for nutrition and supplementation. I was able to succeed in high school without the proper nutrition and supplementation, but quickly learned how vital supplements were to success. I started taking basic supplements based off of the research I had done as well as suggestions from trusted individuals. As I’ve got older I’ve learned more about what works, what does not, and how my body responds to supplements. Over the course of many years of trial and error with supplement companies, I have found one that stands for what I believe in, being a “natural born athlete”. A few years ago I was searching for a company that had products with natural ingredients, quality testing labs, and was free of harmful ingredients and found NOW Sports Products. It is important to have these qualities in a product, because as an athlete who has been drug-tested since college, I do not want to take a supplement that is not allowed. Furthermore, I have been a drug-free athlete my entire life and that is something I am proud of. This is another reason why I have continued to use NOW Sports, because I do not have to worry whether what I’m taking is a banned substance. When I first started taking NOW Sports Products I was just getting into the sport of Strongman and learned that I needed to get a lot stronger in order to compete with these monsters. Some of the products in which I have used are: Whey Protein, Waxy Maize, Creatine Monohydrate, l-Glutamine, and fish oils. I will continue to take and tell others to use NOW Products, because of what they stand for.
- 1st Place Virginia’s Strongest Man 2007
- 1st Place Paxton Power Strongest Man 2007
- 1st Place Mid-Atlantic Strongest Man 2008
- 1st Place Brute Strength Gym’s Strongest Man 2008
- 1st Place Maryland’s Strongest Man 2008
- 2nd Place Clash of the Titans 2009
- 8th Place Dallas Platinum Plus (Pro Card) 2009
- 4th Place Philadelphia Pro/Am 2010
- 4th Place MHP Liberty Classic Pro Meet 2010
- 1st Place Maryland’s Strongest Man 2010
- 9th Place MHP Welcome America Liberty Strongman Classic Pro Meet 2011
- 1st Place Military/Police/Fire National Champion 2011
- 4th Place MHP Welcome America Liberty Strongman Classic Pro Meet 2012
- 2nd Place WNSF’s Natural Strongman Calgary World Cup 2012
- 1st Place Torque’s Strongest Man Delaware 2013
- 1st Place USAPL VMI Power lifting Classic 275lb Class Raw, 2009
- 1st Place Brute Strength Gym’s Highlander Meet 2010
- 1st Place NAHA National Championship 2012